The young mother, suffered the shock in her store cupboard as her one-year-old son played in the living room nearby - just months after the mains were inspected.
She was trying to turn off her stopcock to stop the boiler leaking but was hit by volts and lost consciousness almost immediately.
Her lifeless body was discovered by her boyfriend when he returned to their flat in at midday.
Today, a court heard documents certifying the property as safe were filled out by an unqualified electrical inspector - who cannot remember carrying out the tests.
The un-qualified electrician drew up and signed papers, which said he had carried out tests at the flat, exercised reasonable care, and the circuits were safe.
His work was approved by a qualified supervisor, who managed the block.
However, in a police interview, the un-qualified electrical inspector described himself as 'a mate of an electrician' and 'was not qualified as an electrical inspector', Wolverhampton Crown Court heard.
Richard Matthews QC, prosecuting, told a jury: 'The purpose of the certificate was to certify that the electrical installations were safe.
'In fact they were far from safe and expert investigations since the young mothers death have revealed that a cable in circuit three had been penetrated by a screw during the construction phase and that caused a metal frame to become live and charged to 230 volts.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2584721/Young-mother-electrocuted-flat-electrician-tested-leaking-boiler-UNQUALIFIED.html#ixzz2wWG1sTmO
Follow: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Remember to always use a registered electrician who is ALSO qualified to carry out electrical inspections. Electrical inspections are very in-depth when carried out correctly, a correct sequence of testing must be carried out along with a detailed visual inspection in accordance with the IET's Guidance Notes 3 and BS 7671.
Be aware of cheap quotes as on many occasions the full sequence of testing and inspecting is not carried out to the full which in turn could miss faulty and dangerous electrical conditions.
For further information on Landlord Certificates and Electrical Testing & Inspecting visit: http://www.inspec-electrical-contractors.co.uk/electrical-testing-and-inspecting.html